Bedford Museum on Saturday 21st November 11am – 4pm
To celebrate our Winds of Exchange exhibition we are holding a FREE Family Day. Come along and join in with a range of activities inspired by the colour and creativity of Japanese culture.
The activities on offer include:
• Trying on kimonos
• Origami – The art of Japanese paper-folding. Learn to make Christmas trees and other decorations from Origami.
• Japanese writing
• Making Temari balls – Temari balls are a traditional Japanese craft that uses silk threads to make decorative patterned balls. They are often exchanged as gifts or used as Christmas decorations.
• Kumihimo braiding – Kumihimo braids have traditionally been used by Samurai as a decorative and functional way to lace their armour.
• Japanese choir (pm) from Milton Keynes
• Raku pot firing - Glaze your own tea bowl and watch it be Raku fired before taking it home (£2.50 per bowl, one per family) Firing by Andrew Jelly.